Titanium Dioxide Rotary Kiln
Rotary kiln for titanium dioxide
Fuel: coal, heavy oil, or natural gas
Application: widely used in coating, plastic, paper, printing ink, chemical fiber, rubber, cosmetics, and other industries.
Titanium dioxide is considered one of the best-performing white pigments in the world. It is widely used in industries such as coatings, plastics, papermaking, printing inks, chemical fibers, rubber, cosmetics, and more. Based on the characteristics of titanium dioxide, AGICO has independently developed a titanium dioxide rotary kiln for the calcination process of titanium dioxide. The titanium dioxide rotary kiln, also known as a titanium dioxide calcination kiln, is developed by AGICO through the digestion and absorption of advanced foreign equipment and technologies.
The titanium dioxide rotary kiln is primarily used to enhance the quality and output of titanium dioxide. After calcination, the surface-bound water of titanium dioxide is separated, and impurities are also eliminated during the heating process. This process helps increase the yield and purity of titanium dioxide.
highlights titanium dioxide rotary kiln
- The output of our titanium dioxide rotary kiln is higher than traditional rotary kiln, also, with the characteristic of easy adjustment, which can meet the temperature requirement of the material in the decomposition process.
- The kiln shell of our titanium dioxide rotary kiln is made of carbon steel, which has the characteristics of corrosion resistance and can handle some materials produced by corrosive gas after decomposition.
- Compared with other types of equipment, the inclination of our titanium dioxide rotary kiln is higher, which can provide kinetic energy for the material inside the rotary kiln, making it easier to move the material.
- The good sealing system of our titanium dioxide rotary kiln can prevent low-temperature gas from entering the kiln body, and the kiln speed is easy to control.
working process of Titanium dioxide rotary kiln
- The filtered titanium dioxide hydrolysate filter cake is fed into the tail end of the titanium dioxide rotary kiln, which has a certain slope and rotates slowly. At the same time, clean flames and hot air are blown into the kiln from the combustion mixing chamber at the kiln head to dehydrate and calcine the filter cake.
- The dehydrated and calcined titanium dioxide hydrolysate filter cake, processed at temperatures above 1000°C, rolls along the circumferential direction and moves along the axial direction (from the high end to the low end) within the inclined titanium dioxide rotary kiln. During this process, a series of physical and chemical changes occur, including dehydration, desulfurization, crystal phase transformation, and particle growth, leading to the formation of titanium dioxide products with a certain crystal structure.
- The titanium dioxide is discharged through the double hydraulic flip discharge valve at the lower part of the kiln head cover and falls into the cooling drum for cooling. It is then conveyed to the powder storage hopper by a bucket elevator for crushing.
- A large amount of exhaust gas generated during combustion is discharged from the kiln tail. This exhaust gas contains combustion products, water vapor, sulfur trioxide, and some titanium dioxide dust (commonly known as kiln ash). To improve the recovery rate, the exhaust gas is sent to a dust collection system to recover the titanium dioxide dust. Common methods used in industry include gravity dust collection (such as settling chambers), wet dust collection (spray devices), centrifugal dust collection (cyclone separators), and electrostatic dust collection (electrostatic precipitators). After separating the dust, the exhaust gas still contains a certain amount of sulfur trioxide. It is then treated in a sulfur trioxide absorption device to reduce emissions to meet the discharge standards before being released.
- Controlling the calcination conditions is an important step in determining the crystallization of titanium dioxide. Proper calcination temperature ensures complete desulfurization and dehydration of titanium dioxide, minimizes lattice defects in titanium dioxide crystals, and avoids affecting its whiteness. Therefore, controlling the critical temperature points, matching the feed rate with the kiln rotation speed, increasing the combustion chamber, preventing material and flames from touching, and preventing sintering are crucial in the control of the calcination process.
Trusted rotary kiln supplier – AGICO ROTARY KILN
AGICO ROTARY KILN has 20+ years of experience in rotary kiln design, we have built over 150 rotary kiln projects in different countries and regions. Our rotary kiln can be widely used in cement, activated carbon, metallurgy, chemicals, and other industries. We have the ability to provide customization service covering rotary kiln design, manufacture, installation, technical guidance, kiln parts supply, etc.
1. Raw Material Test
2. Program Design
3. Device Manufacturing
6. Technical Training
7. delivery on time
8. after-sales service
SPECIFICATION OF TITANIUM DIOXIDE ROTARY KILN
|Size（m）||Kiln dimensions||Motorpower（kw）||Total weight（t）|