Activated Carbon Regeneration Solution
Daily output 8-30t
Activated carbon regeneration
The activated carbon regeneration solution is mainly used in the field of hazardous waste disposal and recycling. The waste activated carbon involved in this solution mainly includes waste activated carbon contaminated with organic waste in 9 types of organic hazardous waste and all activated carbon as carriers and adsorbents as organic matter. HW50 category waste (a total of 10 categories).
Our activated carbon regeneration solution is mainly applied for sewage treatment plants, tap water treatment plants, pharmaceutical industry, chemical industry, new energy and equipment manufacturing industry, mineral processing industry, VOCs waste gas treatment, deep processing and storage of petrochemical products, fine chemical materials, pharmaceutical and dye intermediates, chemical auxiliary Chemicals and reagents, alcohol-based fuels and other industries.
Leading Activated Carbon Regeneration Solution Provider – AGICO CEMENT
Who we are?
AGICO CEMENT is specialized in rotary kiln design, manufacturing, and maintenance; our rotary kiln is widely applied in many fields, including cement, chemicals, minerals, metallurgy and activated charcoal making.
We can offer an EPC solution for the activated carbon production line, which covers design, equipment supply, spare parts supply, personnel training, installation and debugging, and other services in the complete activated carbon plant.
What we can do for your activated carbon business?
The rotary kiln produced by AGICO CEMENT is the most important equipment in the activated carbon production line, it is used in the carbonization process, activation process, and regeneration process of the activated carbon plant.
To meet the various needs of clients, we can provide single machine or full line, or one section of the activated carbon production line, such as a carbonization plant, activation plant, or regeneration plant of activated charcoal.
Why choose us?
Leading technology of activated making is our biggest advantage, we own a professional engineering team to support and provide the best solution for activated carbon manufacturing at factory price.
We have built 200+ successful cases of activated carbon made in China, Russia, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, and other regions and countries all over the world.
Strong production capacity ability
Our own factory ensures quality control, on-time delivery, and after-sale service. Every client is welcome to our factory and has a visit!
Full after-sale service
We have a professional service team to help you with any questions we can and reply within 24 hours.
activated carbon regeneration process
This is an activated carbon regeneration project with thermal regeneration method. You can learn the activated carbon regeneration process in detail.
STEP1: Incoming laboratory tests and warehousing
the saturated waste activated carbon is first sampled and tested by the laboratory, the saturated waste activated carbon that meets the requirements is sent to the designated raw material storage area for storage, and the saturated waste activated carbon that does not meet the collection requirements is returned in time, and if it can not be returned in time, it is temporarily stored in the designated area and arranged to be returned. The laboratory should also determine the composition, composition, and halogen content of the saturated waste-activated carbon to be disposed of and record it.
because the moisture content of powdered activated carbon is high, it is necessary to be dried before entering the activation kiln to remove the moisture of powdered activated carbon. In the project, the secondary blade dryer is used to dehumidify the powdered activated carbon by using the heat energy provided by steam. (Note: this process is only aimed at powdered activated carbon, granulated activated carbon does not need to be dried.)
STEP3: Feeding system
according to the state of waste activated carbon, it is sent from a forklift truck to the production workshop. After manual unpacking, the automatic belt conveyor is used to feed into the feed hopper. In the waste activated carbon storage room, the powdered waste activated carbon is manually placed in the feed hopper, and the material is transported through the bucket hoist into the blade dryer storage hopper, and the silo carries its own bag dust collector.
STEP4: Activation and regeneration
saturated granular activated carbon is fed into the hoist of the activation kiln, and the spiral inlet of the machine sends the activated carbon into the activation kiln for activation. The activation kiln has three temperature regions, low-temperature region, medium-temperature zone, and high-temperature region. The activation kiln length is 12 m, the inner diameter is 1.4 m, the cooling furnace length is 8 m, the inner diameter is 0.6 m, and the converter design is designed to solidify 1 ton of tranquil carbon per hour. (Note: all parameters are based on this project, customization is available)
The organic matter adsorbed on activated carbon goes through the following three stages in the activation kiln:
- drying stage: the waste activated carbon was heated at 100 ~ 150 °C to evaporate the adsorbed water in the activated carbon, and some of the organic matter at low boiling point was also volatilized. In this stage, the heat consumed accounted for 50% of the total energy consumption in the whole process of regeneration.
- carbonation stage: activated carbon is heated to 150 ~ 700 °C, and different organic compounds are eliminated from the matrix of activated carbon in the form of volatilization, decomposition, carbonation, and oxidation with the increase of temperature. Usually, the adsorption recovery rate of regenerated carbon has reached 60% ~ 85% at this stage.
- activation stage: after high-temperature carbonation, a considerable part of carbides remain in activated carbon micropores. At this time, gasification reaction should be carried out to vaporize the residual carbides into carbon dioxide and other A gases at about 850 °C, so that the surface of activated carbon micropores can be cleaned and its adsorption properties restored.
carbon regeneration kiln
Rotary kiln is one of the most widely used activated carbon regeneration processes. The carbon regeneration kiln is simple stainless steel, the furnace body is made of refractory, the slope of the furnace body can be adjusted, the regeneration strength of activated carbon is suitable for the treatment of hazardous waste such as waste carbon
advantages of activated carbon regeneration kiln
- Inclined design, uniform heated, simple mechanical parts, not easy to damage, convenient maintenance
- It is easy to adjust the rotating speed of the furnace body and control the residence time of the waste carbon in the kiln.
- Low initial investment and operation cost of activated carbon regeneration kiln are low.
- the continuous automatic feeding and discharging are available, and the material can be turned over in the process of rotation, so that the material is evenly distributed and distributed evenly, and the continuous ash discharge does not affect the regeneration.
- when the furnace temperature is kept at 850 °C, the organic matter in the waste carbon can be partially oxidized, so that the resulting gas can be produced without odour and stench.
- the rotary kiln content volume is large, the furnace load is more than 250000 Kcal/ (m3 ≤ h), which is enough to cope with the regeneration of all kinds of waste carbon, which does not need to be preheated, has a wide range of applications and is stable.
- Design negative pressure combustion, not reverse fire, avoid harmful gas leakage, safe and reliable operation
- the regeneration efficiency is high, the automatic control is easy to realize, and the labor intensity of the operators is low.
Technical parameters of rotary kiln design conditions
Design capacity: waste activated carbon particle 1389kg/h
Ignition mode: automatic ignition of burners
Furnace pressure: micro negative pressure design
Outlet flue gas temperature: 900 °C.
|Coefficient Of Excess Air
|Designed Handling Capacity
|Air Supplement Volume
|Flue Gas Amount
|Dimensions Of Rotary Kiln
|4 2000x 20000
|Tilt Angle Of Rotary Kiln
|Inside Capacity Of Rotary Kiln
|Thickness Of Refractory
After the waste activated carbon is regenerated in the rotary kiln, it enters the spiral cooling through the spiral disk tube. The cooling process will be indirect cooling, and the medium will be cooling water (circulating cooling through the cooling tower).
a hoist is set up at the bottom of the activation kiln, which is sent to the packaging area for packaging. The packaged recycled activated carbon is sent to the finished product warehouse.
Activated carbon regeneration refers to the removal of the adsorbate adsorbed on the activated carbon by physical or chemical methods without destroying the original structure of the activated carbon, restoring its adsorption performance. So as to achieve the purpose of repeated use, activated carbon regeneration has obvious economic benefits.
Generally, there are many types of activated carbon regeneration processes, such as thermal regeneration of activated carbon, chemical regeneration of activated carbon, solvent regeneration method and etc.
thermal regeneration of activated carbon
The thermal regeneration of activated carbon is the most widely used and effective regeneration method at present. The thermal regeneration process utilizes the feature that the adsorbate in the adsorbed saturated activated carbon can be desorbed from the pores of the activated carbon at high temperatures, and the adsorbate is desorbed at high temperatures. Finally, the originally blocked pores of the activated carbon are opened and its adsorption performance is restored.
After the application of high temperature, the molecular vibration energy is enhanced, and its adsorption equilibrium relationship is changed so that the adsorbate molecules are separated from the surface of the activated carbon and enter the gas phase.
Thermal regeneration of activated carbon is versatile because it can decompose a variety of adsorbates, and the regeneration is thorough and has always been the mainstream of regeneration method. thermal regeneration has the advantages of a high regeneration rate and short regeneration time.