activated carbon Plant
Applicable materials: coconut shell, coal, wood, bamboo, waste rubber tire,etc.
Leader in activated carbon production solution- AGICO Rotary Kiln
An activated carbon plant or activated carbon production line is designed to make activated carbon, including activated carbon making machine(core is activated carbon rotary kiln), activated carbon manufacturing process, and related equipment and technique. Activated carbon plant is hot-sale because of the large demand for activated carbon around the world.
AGICO Cement is a leading integrated activated carbon production solution provider in China, we can offer EPC projects for activated carbon making, which covers production process, plant design, equipment supply, personal training, spare part supply, and other services you need.
Our solution is suitable for making activated carbon pellet, granular activated carbon, activated carbon powder, honeycomb activated carbon and other types of activated carbon from coconut shell, coal, wood materials, fruit shell, rubber tire and carbonaceous material.
How to start your activated carbon Plant
Let’s see how to make activated carbon. There is a to-do list before you start your activated carbon business.
1. Preparation of activated carbon
There are many kinds of raw materials for producing activated carbon, and almost all carbon-containing raw materials can be used as raw materials, among which coal accounts for more than half of its total consumption. At present, the raw materials selected at home and abroad for the preparation of activated carbon mainly include the following categories:
Coal, wood, sawdust, charcoal, coconut shell, palm kernel, etc., in addition to agriculture and forestry, forest by-products and certain food industry waste; waste wood, bamboo, bark, downwind wood, walnut shell, Fruit pit, cotton, bean stem, oil palm, bagasse, furfural residue, etc.
2. Activated carbon manufacturing process
The activated carbon production process can be summed into the following steps:
- Carbonization process: in the carbonization kiln, the raw material is isolated from air and heated to reduce non-carbon elements to produce carbonaceous materials suitable for the activation process.
- Screening process: Screen the crushed husk charcoal into designated particles. The purpose is to make the shell charcoal entering the activation kiln evenly activated and keep it within the best strength range.
- Activation process: The granular carbon crushed into the specified particle size is sent to the activation kiln, and various parameters such as steam consumption, air ratio, furnace speed, and feeding amount are adjusted, and the materials are tested by the laboratory after discharge.
- Milling process: The finished activated carbon is sent to the Raymond mill to grind to the particles required by customers.
- Activating material crushing and screening process: according to the requirements of product technical indicators, crushing and screening of the activated material to the specified strength. Ex-factory product
- Inspection: Take a batch of finished products (usually one ton) as a batch to sample uniformly, conduct an accurate inspection on various technical indicators, and confirm that the indicators are qualified.
- Packing: Pack the finished charcoal with qualified indicators and store it in different categories.
- Pickling: According to product technical requirements, some products need to be pickled. The purpose is to remove some impurities such as inorganic salts in the material and reduce ash separation through micropores.
- Washing: After pickling, there is a lot of acid in the material. The acid in the material is removed by washing with water. Generally, a pH value of 5-7 is appropriate.
- Drying: Put the thoroughly pickled and washed activated material in special drying equipment for drying. The material is sent to a closed storage tank for packaging.
Note: this is an activation process template, we can customize the full production line or carbonization plant, carbon activation plant, and activated carbon regeneration according to the requirements of clients.
why choose AGICO CEMENT?
1. What Does AGICO CEMENT Do?
To meet the individual requirement of clients, we can also provide a single section of the activated carbon production line, including a carbonization plant, carbon activation plant, and activated carbon regeneration plant.
2. our advantages
200+ successful cases
3. EPC Service
As a leader in the activated carbon business, AGICO provides not only excellent activated carbon making equipment but also technical service support based on a team of nearly 100 technical engineers. From on-site inspection to scheme design and formulation, equipment manufacturing, and after-sale service, AGICO will provide you with more complete activated carbon industry project guidance.
1. Raw Material Test
2. Program Design
3. Device Manufacturing
6. Technical Training
7. delivery on time
8. after-sales service
Our activated carbon plant produces high-quality finished products through multiple production processes including refinement, modification, reaming and activation. It is suitable for various types of activated carbon making, such as coconut shell activated carbon making, activated carbon for fruit shell, coal particle activated carbon for water purification, activated carbon in sewage treatment, activated carbon with wood powder, coal powder activated carbon, special activated carbon for treatment of organic waste gas, activated carbon for gold, honeycomb activated carbon, etc.
activated carbon machine
What is activated carbon?
Activated carbon is a carbonaceous adsorption material with abundant pore structure and huge specific surface area. It has strong adsorption capacity, good chemical stability, high mechanical strength, wide applications, and can easily regenerate.
Because of its unique adsorption properties, activated carbon has been widely used in water treatment, environmental protection, food, medicine, military industry and chemical industry and other fields, such as cigarette filters, drinking water purifiers, refrigerator deodorizers, air purifiers. Activated carbon has become an indispensable adsorption material in the ecological environment, modern industry and people’s daily life.
Potential economic benefits
Nowadays, People put forward higher requirements for the safety and purity of food, medicine, drinking water and other living environments, and the demand for activated carbon continues to expand. In the next 10-20 years, the global demand for activated carbon will further increase.