gROUNDNUT SHELL activated charcoal making
EPC project with output of 8-30t/d
Groundnut shells, the outer coverings of peanuts, are a popular raw material for activated carbon production. These shells are a sustainable and eco-friendly alternative to other raw materials such as coal and coconut shells. Using groundnut shells for activated carbon production not only helps reduce waste but also promotes sustainability in industrial processes.
The production of activated carbon from groundnut shells has gained popularity due to the increasing demand for sustainable and eco-friendly products. It is a cost-effective alternative to traditional raw materials and also helps in reducing waste and promoting sustainable practices.
Activated carbon produced from groundnut shells has numerous applications in industries such as water treatment, air purification, and food processing. It is a highly effective adsorbent for impurities such as pollutants, odors, and contaminants, making it a popular choice for various industrial processes.
Selection Criteria for Groundnut Shells as a Raw Material
- Abundance: Groundnut shells are abundant, making them a readily available and cost-effective raw material.
- High carbon content: Groundnut shells have a high carbon content, which is essential for the production of activated carbon.
- Low ash content: Low ash content is preferred because ash can reduce the adsorption capacity of activated carbon.
Process of Groundnut Shells Activated Carbon Production
Process Flow Diagram for Activated Carbon Production from Groundnut Shells
The process flow diagram for activated carbon production from groundnut shells typically involves cleaning and drying of the raw material, followed by activation using one of the methods described above. The activated carbon is then washed and dried to remove any residual chemicals or impurities. Finally, the activated carbon is screened and packaged for use in various applications.
The process flow diagram for activated carbon production from groundnut shells typically involves the following steps:
- Cleaning and Drying: The first step is to clean and dry the groundnut shells to remove any foreign materials and reduce the moisture content. This helps prevent mold growth during storage and transportation.
- Size Reduction: The groundnut shells are then crushed or ground into smaller pieces to increase the surface area, which facilitates the activation process.
- Activation: The groundnut shells are activated using one of the methods described in the previous section (chemical, physical, or thermal activation). The choice of method depends on the specific application and required properties of the activated carbon.
- Washing: The activated carbon is washed to remove any residual chemicals or impurities from the activation process.
- Drying: The activated carbon is then dried to remove any moisture and prepare it for the final step.
- Screening and Packaging: The final step involves screening the activated carbon to remove any oversize or undersize particles and packaging it in bags or containers for storage and transport.
It is worth noting that the process flow diagram can vary depending on the specific equipment and procedures used by the activated carbon manufacturer. However, the above steps provide a general overview of the production process for activated carbon from groundnut shells.
ACTIVATED CARBON EQUIPMENT
The production of activated carbon from groundnut shells requires specialized equipment that can handle the unique properties of the raw material and the specific activation method used, including rotary kilns, reactors, carbonizers, and other specialized equipment.
Rotary kilns are the most common equipment used for thermal activation. They consist of a rotating drum that heats the raw material to a high temperature in the presence of an oxidizing gas, such as air. The high temperature causes the organic compounds in the groundnut shells to decompose and create a porous structure, resulting in activated carbon.
EPC activated carbon solution provider – AGICO CEMENT
AGICO CEMENT is a professional manufacturer of activated carbon production lines with over 20 years of experience. We take pride in our team of professional engineers who are dedicated to providing exceptional service to our customers.
Our company has a strong production capacity and advanced production equipment, ensuring that we can deliver high-quality products to our customers. We also have strict quality control measures in place to ensure that our products meet or exceed industry standards.
We offer one-stop project services to our customers, from the initial design and consultation phase to the final installation and maintenance phase. In addition, we also offer parts and accessories services to our customers to ensure that their systems remain in top condition.
1. Raw Material Test
2. Program Design
3. Device Manufacturing
6. Technical Training
7. delivery on time
8. after-sales service
We have successfully completed over 150 projects overseas, gaining rich and diverse experience in providing successful solutions to a variety of industries. We understand that every customer is unique, and we work closely with them to tailor our solutions to their specific needs.
We are committed to providing complete support to our customers, and our customer service team is always available to answer any questions and address any concerns. We look forward to serving you and providing you with the best solutions for your activated carbon production needs.
Applications of peanut shell Activated Carbon
Activated carbon from groundnut shells has numerous applications in various industries due to its high surface area and porosity. Some common applications of activated carbon from groundnut shells include:
- Water treatment: Activated carbon is widely used in the water treatment industry for removing impurities such as chlorine, organic matter, and other contaminants.
- Air purification: Activated carbon is used in air purifiers to remove harmful pollutants and improve indoor air quality.
- Food and beverage processing: Activated carbon is used in the food and beverage industry for decolorization and deodorization of food products such as sugar, honey, and vegetable oils.
- Pharmaceuticals: Activated carbon is used in the pharmaceutical industry for the purification of drugs and removal of impurities.
- Gold recovery: Activated carbon is used in the mining industry for the recovery of gold from cyanide leach solutions.